General Summary: Smoothes, finishes, and molds structures by performing the following:
Essential Duties: Smoothes and finishes surfaces of poured concrete to specified textures, using hand tools or power tools; spreads concrete into forms; levels concrete into specified depth and consistency; removes rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces; molds expansion joints and edges using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
- Safety: ensure you are working safely, promote our safety culture, protect coworkers and the public and call out safety concerns at any time to any supervisor
- Tools and/or Equipment: Floats, trowels, and screeds; power grinder; chisel and hammer;
- Building codes and/or other design requirements: Able to read and understand sketches, blueprints, or oral instructions, and examines specifications to determine dimensions of structure.
- Other: May erect, climb, and work on scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level at heights up to 100 feet or below ground level down to 50 feet; may be required to use body harness or other fall protection.
Normally Expected Education and/or Practical Experience
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); completion of apprenticeship program or related experience and/or training.
- Mathematics: Must have ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in units of measure.
- Reading, Writing, and Communication Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Problem Solving: Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Other: Must be knowledgeable about and follow the company’s safety policy and procedures.
Physical Demands: Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. Considerable time spent standing; Job requires wearing common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, and hard hats; Considerable time spent using hands to handle control or feel objects, tools or controls. Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequently required to talk or hear. Occasionally required to sit. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Vision abilities required include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions; extreme cold and heat, wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high and/or precarious places; exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and vibration; loud working environment.