General Summary: Erects, repairs, wrecks, grades, and maintains structures by performing the following:
Essential Duties: Performers any combination of the following duties on construction projects, usually working in utility capacity, by transferring from one task to another where demands require worker with varied experience and ability to work without close supervision: Measures distances from grade stakes, drive stakes, and stretches tight line; Bolts, nails, aligns and blocks up under forms; Loads, transports, unloads, and furnishes craft workers with materials; Levels earth to fine grade specifications, using pick or shovel; Mixes concrete; Dismantles forms; Positions, joins, aligns, and seals pipe sections; Erects and dismantles shoring, and braces; carries, and holds building materials, tools, and supplies.
- Safety: ensure you are working safely, promote our safety culture, protect coworkers and the public and call out safety concerns at any time to any supervisor
- Tools and/or Equipment: pick and shovel; hand tools; hammer;
- Building codes and/or other design requirements: N/A
Normally Expected Education and/or Practical Experience
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); completion of apprenticeship program or related experience and/or training.
- Mathematics: Must be able to evaluate information using measurable standards and have a basic competency in math, geometry, volumes, and weights.
- Reading, Writing, and Communication Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate verbally with co-workers and work with others in a positive manner. Ability to read safety rules and instructions in the use and maintenance of equipment and tools. Ability to recognize and use proper hand signals for cranes and other equipment.
- Problem Solving: Must be able to follow specific instructions; work within standards of accuracy; repeat tasks of short duration according to set procedures.
- Other: Must adhere to all safety regulations and procedures and work harmoniously and cooperatively with others at all times.
Physical Demands: Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. Considerable time spent standing; Job requires wearing common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, and hard hats; Considerable time spent using hands to handle control or feel objects, tools or controls. Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequently required to talk or hear. Occasionally required to sit. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Vision abilities required include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions; extreme cold and heat, wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high and/or precarious places; exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and vibration; loud working environment.